Friday, April 25, 2014

Monumental Happenings Continue


Here are the updated renderings I mentioned in the previous post, for the upcoming Marine Aviation Monument.  I souped up the color a bit compared to the previous iterations, and added some detail to suggest what the final bas reliefs will portray:
  
 




I also did another architectural rendering of the proposed monument, to be used in a promotional piece:
 It's a veritable hodgepodge of visual elements including digital work, drawings, photographs and sculpted items (the finial Emblem on the top is actually the maquette I did for the project) I must also give credit to Natalie of the architectural firm Fentress, whose original rendering using my design sketches I used as the inspiration and derivation for this image. 

And here are the original brainstorming thumbnail sketches I did for the project, scribbled on the back of a sheet of used paper:
 






No comments: