Since I decided to change the kneeling character's weapon from a Springfield to a Chauchat, I now had to construct the new weapon, which demands a first step-- the building of its armature.
I used wooden dowel, some balsa wood, some armature wire, and some wood glue, to rough-out the form:
I'll keep you posted as the process continues. Stay tuned!
September 11, 2010:
I cut out the stock...
I attached the stock...
More to come (it's time to create the curved magazine)...
Here it is!
I used a small plastic lid which had the right diameter to make the magazine, and I poured molten wax into the lid, along with some wire to give it strength. I also dipped the "broomhandle" grip into wax several times to begin its shape: